According to Government advice, we have re-organised our site to allow for safe access and social distancing.
The main changes involve reversing our previous one-way system through the farm shop so that now customers enter the plant area from the car park and queue (if necessary) at the door to what was the coffee shop. When you get to position one in the queue, you can start to shop for fruit but must wait for a member of staff to give you the all clear to proceed further. There is a bell to attract our attention.
We have moved the tills so there is now a Click & Collect till by the Holy Cow Milk Machine. There is no access to the shop but if you have pre-ordered on the website or you are collecting bread or newspapers only, then this access will mean you avoid a queue for the shop, if there is one.
Signage is temporary at the moment and as we find out what information is missing, we will then get some made professionally.
Day one went well with a few teething problems and some useful and encouraging comments. Thank you all for your patience.
We are currently operating slightly differently to try and abide with guidelines for social distancing.
- Please look out for tape marked chevrons on the floor.
- Chevrons indicate 1m distance and the preferred direction of travel.
- Please keep 2 chevrons apart!
- Please complete you shopping as quickly as possible, especially if there are others waiting to come in.
- We are only allowing 2 people into the shop at once. There are often at least 4 members of staff present as well, so please give them room to move around the shop safely while they are picking orders.
- We are currently closing at 4pm every day. This is to give us extra time to pack orders. It is very difficult to pack orders and serve customers at the same time.
From 23rd March, the Government has closed all garden centres to the public but continues to allow sales, providing they are click & collect or for delivery.
Because we are prioritising fulfilling essential food orders for vulnerable households (and walk in shopping for those who are able to), we have directed all garden centre orders through our website.
Demand for compost and bedding plants in particular are outstripping supply, so please be patient and help us keep to government guidelines on social distancing and essential supplies.
Thank you for your patience.
Following current Government guidelines, our Coffee is closed from 23rd March until further notice.
We did have plans to redecorate but circumstances have overrun them. We still have every intention of completing our plans before reopening, whenever that may be.